Monday 2 January 2017

Dad to the rescue

Well, I am now into the 'Going Further' phase of training, just about, so planned a 10 mile run for the Bank Holiday. It was also my Dad's birthday, so I made a good plan to run 10 miles from home to Wrotham Heath services, where Nick and kids would pick me up before getting onto the motorway and heading to my parents in Croydon, where I could get freshened up before enjoying a birthday/ Christmas get-together with my side of the family.

All good. Until Nick called me when I was about 6.5 miles into a non-circular route to tell me that he had met an ambulance travelling at speed through the lanes and burst a tyre in the process. Psychologically I find it really hard to make a change to a planned route of that distance so had to carry on regardless. Nick and my parents were concerned that by the time the car was sorted, I would be frozen, so my lovely Dad drove out on his birthday to pick me up. Luckily I carry a phone and card with me for these long runs so was able to wait in the nearest pub with a hot drink!

Thanks Dad!

My dad (who also ran the London Marathon a 'few' years ago)

My route - not a bad time given that I had to stop a couple of times to answer my phone!

Not very long at all now - don't forget that you can sponsor me at 

No comments:

Post a Comment