Tuesday 18 October 2016

I've got a place!

Back in April, after a glass of wine at my eldest daughter’s birthday do, I filled in the ballot for the London Marathon 2017.
I had never run more than 10K. I’d only been running for about 2 and a half years. A bit overweight. Slightly dodgy knees. A busy life already filled with work and family and friends….. But I threw caution to the wind, filled in the form, and hit send, thinking, ‘I’ll never get a place…..’
And I didn’t.
And then realised that even though I had put it out of my mind, I did really want to run the London Marathon. When I completed the ballot entry in April, I selected a series of charities that I was interested in; these were all children’s cancer charities, or charities focussed on blood cancers, as ballot week was also the week that my colleague’s son was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. 

I sent off my details several charities, and Children with Cancer called me up to offer me a place. I'm quite terrified and also quite determined that I WILL DO THIS!

Over the next 6 months, I will chart my training and fundraising here. Please follow what I am up to, share the link if you would like to, and do sponsor me too.

Pass me the Prosecco - I'm gonna need it!



No comments:

Post a Comment